Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The Note

Today me and Tink cleaned out our garage. It took forever and a day. It was like a big bomb had gone off in our garage. But now it is clean and happiness prevails in the Allred Kingdom. While in the midst of our self inflicted torment I went through my mission box. I just about threw all the letters away but something inside told me to stop and go through them. First letter was from my Grandma Allred, and it was the Grandma from my childhood. She was so alive and active and busy. She talked about helping others and her love for my Grandpa and her family and she was happy. And then life comes and goes and a few years later she lost Grandpa and her health failed her and she faded but her love for us never did. And there in my hand was everything I loved about my Grandma, a message so full of love and life and joy. All the things I know she is feeling now, and I knew she is okay and she is still herself. The Grandma Allred of my memories.

Then I dug further into the box and a paper fell out of the box, I went to throw it away and then I noticed the writing.

I think of you
always! I am so
proud of you! I
love you more than
words can tell.

Grandma.

There i stood on my driveway crying, surrounded by the love of those temporarily lost to me in this life. My Grandma Bailey had sent this little note of love to me. I think it was more for me today than 11 years ago when she wrote it. I wish I could cuddle up next to her on her couch and just be with her. Smell her perfume, feel her hands, have her tell me that I was so wonderful and she loved me. So here I go Grandma since there is no address for you I hope you can read my little blog. Here is my note for you.

I think of you
always! I am so
proud of you! I
love you more than
words can tell.

Johnny.

2 comments:

  1. i think grandma's do read blogs.
    i just do.
    and your garage does look great.
    and it did take you all day.
    every time i'd sit up you'd still be at it.
    you are a champ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its amazing how we can still be blessed and loved by those who are on the other side of the vail. I know she loved you and me for that matter and most everyone (except for George W).

    Now, on to pressing matters, my garage is in need of cleansing and since you are all warmed up please come up ;)

    ReplyDelete