While thinking about the title for this blog I remembered something my cousin told me this weekend. While discussing my Grandmas health she told me, "You remember a different Grandma than I do." . Tonight I have been pondering that statement and have come to the conclusion, she is right. Let me tell you a little about my Grandma so you will see, even a little the Grandma I know. My Grandma is love, she loves completely, her love is strong, her love is warm, her love is kind. My Grandma always tried her best even under limited means. She might not have given you the biggest present but I have never been more excited about a ten cent Popsicle than when it came from my Grandma, (In the form of a homemade coupon to my Grandpas store.) She always had time for me. In a world with a million demands on her time and talents, I was her Jonny and I was important. She would just talk to me and tell me stories or listen to my great adventure from the day. And at Grandmas house with twelve cousins around my age adventure was easy to find.
Despite our religious differences she always focused on the similarities, she taught me about our saviors love. She taught me the song, "Give said the little stream." She showed me how to be Christlike, always, no matter what. She loved my Grandpa completely. She didn't just love him she was in love with him, she looked for Little things she could do to serve him. I always remember her being really happy when he was there for dinner. We used to go down to my Grandpas office downstairs and he would tell us how amazing our grandma was, and he was right.
Well, i could go on all night, but I will end with a top ten list. Top ten awesome things about my Grandma.
10. She could pick one side of a piano up by herself. Could your Grandma do that? Yeah, I didn't think so.
9. She baked her own bread twice a week. Put that in your pipe and smoke it Grandma Sycamore.
8. She has 84 grand kids, she knows and loves us all. Some more than others.(sorry Marie)
7. She can hold a sliced open leg together, with her bare hands, for a half an hour. My leg to be precise.
6. She loves to act like she does not care. Her favorite thing to say to my Aunt Alice is WHATEVER, just because it drives Alice crazy.
5. She still has the prettiest hair ever.
4. She is the slowest eater in the history of mankind. Word of advise, just say no to Chuck a Rama..
3. She makes the best Mac and Cheese.
2. She loves unconditionally.
1. I have the greatest Grandmas ever. I challenge anyone to a staring contest if they disagree.